Guiding Youth In A Positive Direction
Mapping → Navigating → Transitioning → Empowering → Modeling → Mentoring
What is Guide Right?
Guide Right is a youth specific bridge program that provides an avenue to post-secondary educational success for youth transitioning out of foster care. This program has been designed to do so by increasing the likelihood of academic retention and fostering care development. Through Guide Right, the youth will have access to a vast group of peer and professional mentors as well as shadowing opportunities through Mind Body Institute Beyond and partner organizations.
- Must have interactions with mentee at least once a week (includes Skype, FaceTime, phone calls, and texts)
- Must meet with mentee a minimum of three face-to-face interactions per semester.
- Must adhere to the HIPAA confidentiality policy. Must keep the content of discussion within the mentoring relationship confidential policy. Although this confidentiality is legally limited, neither mentor nor mentee should discuss the contents of your discussion with anyone else without the written permission of the other.
- Evaluate mentor-mentee relationships at end of the semester.
- Contact head mentor for advice, clarity, or for any other questions.
- Attend training session.
- Meet with your mentor according to the schedule to which you have agreed
- Describe how you apportion your time to professionals activites
- Share your career plans and goals
- Discuss your encounters from your peers and professors with your mentor
- Ask for your mentor’s observation and feedback
- Make time available to meet your mentor’s circle of professional and community contacts.
- Keep the contact of your conversations confidential between you and your mentor.
- Evaluate your mentor at the end of the semester.
Tackling the “Big 7”
Guide Right focuses on the following 7 barriers that make it difficult for youth transitioning into post-secondary success:
- Personalized & Tailored Post-Secondary Education Guidance
- Money Management
- Inadequate Training for Case Managers
Online application coming soon.